Thursday, November 29, 2012

More News...

Today when I was at work I got a phone call from the breast center where I had my last biopsy informing me that I am scheduled for another biopsy tomorrow, because of the MRI results. Crazy! They acted like I already knew, I said "No, this is the first I am hearing about this".

So this afternoon I went in to see the surgeon who informed me that I do not just need one biopsy, i need two! They found an enlarged lymph node under my right arm and a mass in the other breast. And even more than that my HER2 results are back so they are positive. Which means I am getting a port and a years worth of Herceptin. The good news is Herceptin is really great at killing cancer. 

Once the biopsy results are back we should have a treatment plan. 

Treatment will happen soon I am looking at possible surgery next Wens. Either mastectomy, or mastectomies or just a port.

If just a port I will probably be beginning chemo right around my birthday December 10th! 

I took a hard hit today. I felt beaten down. I still feel kind of beaten down and not optimistic about the two biopsies. But, no matter the results of these biopsies, I will WIN! I will beat this cancer. I will grow old with my husband!!!!!

For those of you taking your own hard hits in your cancer battle, do not give up. No matter what they throw at you, you will beat this. No matter how many times you cry and want to give up, you won't. You know why?? Because you are BRAVE! You are STRONG. You will FIGHT LIKE A WOMAN. Because women kick breast cancer bootay!

-that is all for now

I Fight Like A Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment