Saturday, December 1, 2012

My Biopsy and a quote

Hello All,

Yesterday I went in for my biopsies. Had taken a Valium before I left; unfortunately I had such a long wait that it had worn off by the time I was called into the back. So they did the ultra sound scans. The Radiologist came in and told me that my left breast looked fine, in fact they could barely see anything there via ultrasound. However, he did see some concerning lymph nodes in my right side, so he biopsied them. I asked if he thought there was any chance that there is no cancer in the nodes. He said more than likely the cancer has spread to those lymph nodes, so bummer. That would be automatic chemo.

Results will be in by my next appointment Tuesday. Depending on what the Surgeon decides I may be having surgery Wens.

So now I am prepping for a whirl wind of treatment. So many questions, surgery or chemo first? How much work will I miss? Will I be able to see The Hobbit in theatre? Will I look strange with a purple pixie cut? Will I learn to draw eye brows? Will there ever be world peace? Will the world end Dec 21st making all this a moot point? Will my evil cat take over the world? Are sporks really going to be our best weapon during the zombie Apocalypse? Will I beat this Cancer?

I do not know the answers to any of these questions except for the last one. YES I will beat this cancer, I will kick its bootay!!!

.........................
For my BC sisters and brothers! Yes, men get breast cancer too...A quote...

"You can get so confused that you'll start in to race down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space, headed, I fear, toward a most useless place. The Waiting Place..." Dr. Suess from Oh, the Places You'll Go!

I can identify with this so much right now. I was diagnosed and so gung ho trying to figure out this maze, going to Drs. appointments, testing, getting all of this information. And along the way I am stuck in this waiting place. Waiting to find out what the next step of my treatment will be, how bad this cancer really is. The good news is the waiting place does not last forever, we need to power through and then time will come for action. We will go through our treatments and we will win this war... And just so you know the story in Oh, the Places You'll Go! ends with success. "And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)" And if you do not quit and keep going on the chance of success goes up! I am ready to push through and beat this thing 100 percent guaranteed!

That is all for now,

I Fight Like A Woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment