Saturday, November 24, 2012

My Cancer Break, well sorta

I apologize for not posting for the past two days. I really needed a break from this cancer thing. I just did not want to be so focused on it over the holiday. I did talk about it over the past couple of days, for instance I gave my best buddy Liz an update as we were shopping today. It seems I cannot get away from it after all.

So an update, I am going through the process of making a very personal decision in regards to this cancer treatment. I will be able to make my final decision once the rest of the tests are completed.

On tap for this week

Genetic Testing: To see if I have mutated genes that caused this.

MRI w/ contrast: Not too wild about the contrast thing, or the laying there on my stomach for 45 minutes, but I am going to do what I got to do. Thank Hashem (God) for Valium.

Follow up appointment with the surgeon to kind of make decisions about the next step. Depending on the MRI, I may need more biopsys; YUCK! I kind of just want to get the surgery over with and move onto the next phase of treatment whatever that may be.

I am so hoping I do not need Chemo or Radiation!!! Good thoughts and prayers on that please.

Oh, and on the bright side I have work this week! Not going to take any crap from my vendors this week.

For those going through breast cancer, try to take a break from Cancer land. I know it is hard, almost anything I do the thought of Cancer enters my mind. I hear it gets easier. But, even taking 5 minutes and jamming out to a song is helpful.

Well that is all for now,

I Fight Like A Woman!!

No comments:

Post a Comment