Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Emotional Rollercoaster

Went to the surgeon this morning, he had great news, I had non invasive breast cancer, there was a chance I wouldn't even need chemo, just a lumpectomy with radiation or a mastectomy. The only way I was going to need chemo is if HER2 was positive. Oh and there was a good chance I could still have a baby when all was said and done.

Met with the radiation oncologist today, who explained radiation to me. Had lunch with my husband.

Just a few minutes ago I got another call from the surgeon, he misread the report and while some samples were non invasive, some of the others were. So next step MRI to check out the lymph nodes. If they are enlarged lymph node biopsy. If it has spread to the lymph nodes I will need chemo.

Having a really rough time right now. Scared. Everything is moving so fast. I do not know what the future holds in terms of treatment. Long day.

That being said I am still kicking this cancers butt.

That is all for now,

I Fight Like a Woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment