Sunday, November 18, 2012

What we know so far

Dear Friends and Family and others who come across this blog,

This is what we know so far. I have what is known as Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, It is Estrogen and Progesterone receptive.

Do not let the term invasive scare you, this does not mean it is all over my body. It just means that it can and perhaps has invaded nearby tissues.  The fact that it is Estrogen and Progesterone receptive is a good thing, it means we know at least part of what is feeding this thing.

I have an appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday where I will learn more and perhaps even have a plan laid out for me. A plan to beat this thing- Heck yeah!


..........................................................................
For those of you going through the same thing right now or that have been through it. It is scary as hell isn't it? Not having all the information is the worst! But, we just got to hang in there and take it one step at a time. Just remember even if you are just diagnosed you are already a survivor, a warrior! I am taking this time to regroup, assemble my forces (team of supporters and medical team) and create a battle plan. I will win this war and so will you!!!

That is all for now,

-I Fight Like a Woman!!

No comments:

Post a Comment