Thursday, June 27, 2013

Radiation Oncologists, Medical Oncologists and Surgeons oh my!


So over the past 2 days I have met with every member of my cancer care team, my Radiation Oncologist, my Medical Oncologist and my surgeon. They all basically said the same thing, that they spoke about me at Cancer panel last week, went over every single test I had since my first mammogram. They all seemed kind of disappointment that the chemo did not do more, but said the chemo did do something, it killed some of the cancer which helps!. The amount of positive lymph nodes concerns them and I was told that I have a right to be concerned as well (gee, thanks doc!). Any who, this cancer is still considered "potentially curable" meaning that it may not kill me. As I explained in the previous blog the way it works with breast cancer is they know they cured you when/if you die of something else. So I will never hear, "you are cured". The most I can hope for is a NED (No evidence of disease) classification, which means that there may be cancer hanging out somewhere but they do not see evidence of it.

There is a chance I will die of old age, which makes me happy and that is my goal. To make this happen I have to continue to jump through the Doctors hoops and try to make myself as healthy as possible.

I was presented with another treatment option yesterday, which will be discussed further after my radiation is completed. It is a difficult choice to make, so prayers please!

That is all for now,

I Fight Like A Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment