Monday, June 3, 2013

Preparing for my mastectomy

 This weekend I began to prepare for my mastectomy. I had my pre-op appointment last week and did a little shopping. I bought some wet ones (anti bacterial wipes) for my hospital bag, as well as some baby wipes (I figure showering the day after surgery will not be an option). I also bought an outfit to wear home; a white button down short sleeve top and a pair of white shorts. I also bought some comfy tank tops and camis (I am hoping to convert these into mastectomy camis and tank tops with a pocket for my foob (fake boob) and a shelf bra for my remaining breast). I did buy a post surgical cami and boy is it uuuuggglly, I will post a pic of it. It cost $60.00 US; has pockets for my drains and for my foob; however its an ugly beige color and not the height of fashion, but there are no seams to bother me so we will see how it goes. I have to dig out a pair of slip on slippers that I have somewheres if the dog did not eat them! I will also bring my white flip flops to wear home (my wedding flip flops), I figure they will make me happy; I love those things. Now that I think of it I should probably bring some tissues. Not sure what else to bring, Ideas anyone???

Today I am a week and two days from Mastectomy day. Getting nervous but all will be okay. I will beat this cancer into oblivion!


Sisters/brothers that are battling breast cancer; the battle is difficult; but it is worth it to keep fighting! I will win and so will you!!

That is all for now

-I Fight Like a Woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment