Monday, June 10, 2013

Amazons and Mastectomies

My Mastectomy is going to happen in less than 48 hours. I am getting very nervous, but I have found strength. Oddly enough I found it in the oddest of place; the legend of the Amazon warriors. The legend states that there was a group of women warriors who were so fierce that they cut off their right breasts so they would be better archers. Historians believe that this myth was started to make their advisories even more fearful of them. So long story short the Amazon warriors were bad asses. Well I am doing it for real. I am a fierce warrior cutting off my breast, not to be a better archer (although that would be a plus), but to defeat my foe, Breast Cancer. I hope this scares the Breast Cancer off so it never returns. However if chemo and a mastectomy are not enough of a deterrent, radiation should be.

I will not quit fighting this war, I have too much to live for. I will grow old with my husband.

That is all for now,

I Fight Like A Woman.




1 comment:

  1. Hi IFightLikeAWoman, we are starting development of an implantable device that will protect ovarian function in women undergoing chemotherapy. this would protect fertility and avoid early menopause.

    I saw a couple of your comments about protecting fertility and wondered if you would be interested in have a chat about your feelings about such a device. If you are open to a chat please email peter.grove@opromedical.com

    ReplyDelete