Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Signs of a changed life

In my Cancer journey certain events stay with me that inform me that my life has forever changed. Here is a list of a few.

1. Being told that I have Breast Cancer.

2. Knowing that I will need a lumpectomy or mastectomy.

3. Being told I need to have Chemotherapy and that it might take away my ability to have children.

4. Receiving my prescription of Tamoxifen. Instructions read, take one per day, for FIVE years!

5. Dr. told me that I will need to have Radiation.

6. Being told there is a small but very real chance that this cancer can metastasize and kill me one day.


My life has changed and sometimes I find myself depressed by the magnitude of it all. But, looking at the bright side, I am stronger than I ever thought I was, I am more grateful to be alive and I know what matters in my life.

For those going through treatment. It sucks doesn't it? Whether your going through chemotherapy, antibody therapy, hormone therapy, radiation therapy and/or surgery its rough! All of it seems to take a piece of you, whether its your energy, your security and/or your piece of mind. Just know that you are strong, you have made it this far and you will make it the rest of the way!!

That is all for now,

-I Fight Like a Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment